Since inception in 2003, our family-funded
firm has efficiently assessed
opportunities and invested capital
alongside established private
We seek out co and direct investments and fund investments using the criteria identified in the accompanying charts. Bratenahl has the flexibility to tailor our investment to fit the needs of the sponsor or fund.
Co & Direct Investments
- Experienced sponsor/partner
- Strong management team
- Established position in a defensible/niche market
- Diverse customer base
- Predictable financial performance, margins and cash flow
- Clear and simple value creation thesis
|Target Minimum Net Return||20% IRR|
- Large anchor PE/Mezzanine funds with a proven history of multiple successful funds
- Small and mid-market funds where we can get significant co-invest opportunities that meet the criteria
- Unique, opportunistic funds with a defined thesis targeting a specific industry or geography
Discount Drainage Supplies
Discount Drainage Supplies, based in Akron, OH, is a pipe, valve and fittings distributor focused on drainage products used by construction contractors throughout the Ohio market.
Hunt Engineering is a specialty valve engineering and manufacturing company with capabilities to serve the Navy and the industrial primary metals and power generation markets.
Founded in 2000, hyperWALLET provides easy to use, compliant and disruptively priced payment services connecting bank accounts, card accounts, mobile phones and cash outlets around the world.
Microporous Products is a developer, manufacturer and marketer of high performance rubber, polyethylene and hybrid battery separators for flooded lead-acid batteries.
From manufacturing and e-commerce to healthcare and education, our portfolio is diversified across a wide spectrum of industries. Take a look at some of our past and current investments for a more comprehensive picture of what we do.